In a glance, here is Kirsten's education, certification, and clinical experience:
northwestern health sciences univeristy
- 3,300 hour Master of Acupuncture Degree (August 2011)
The Master of Acupuncture Degree teaches traditional acupuncture, therapeutic application of heat (moxibustion), vacuum pressure (cupping), electrical current (electroacupuncture), Chinese massage (tui na) and Chinese exercise system (tai chi).
525 hours clinical experience, most notably at Abott-Northwestern Hospital, Minneapolis, MN. The Penny George Institute of Health and Healing offers both inpatient and outpatient integrative care, utilizing acupuncture in an acute care setting with complementary treatment of seriously ill patients, as well as rehabilitative care for hip and joint replacement patients.
The national certification commission of acupuncture and oriental medicine(NCCAOM)
- National Board Certification in Acupuncture (2011-Current)
- Comprehensive training in tradition differential diagnosis and proper treatment methods
- Requires completion of 3-4 years of education at the master's degree level in an acupuncture program accredited by the NCCAOM
- Must demonstrate professional competency by passing NCCAOM certification examinations in Foundations of Oriental Medicine, Acupuncture, and Biomedicine
- Recertification and continuing education credits required every 4 years
200 hour ryt certified yoga instructor
200 RYT Certification, Roots Academy, Casper, WY (2016
Here is a short list of additional education and training over the last 5 years:
- Whitfield Reeves, OMD, L.Ac., Acupuncture Sports Medicine
- Acupuncture Treatment of Pain in the Upper Extremity (2014)
- Acupuncture Treatment of Pain in the Lower Extremity (2014)
- Mary Elizabeth Wakefield, L. Ac., M.S., M.M.
- Constitutional Facial Acupuncture Level 1-2 (2010)
- Additional general continuing education:
- Minnesota College of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine Symposium (2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2018)
- dōTERRA Corporate Annual Convention (2015)
- Online courses in fertility, women's health, and sports injury.